Pentland Biomass is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients and website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
Who we are
Pentland Biomass is a trading name of Pentland Plants Limited. Company Number SC259669, registered in Scotland. Our registered office is Pentland Plants Limited, Loanhead, Midlothian, EH20 9QG.
Types of information we collect
Pentland Biomass is committed to protecting your personal data and handling it responsibly.
This policy covers the personal data that Pentland Biomass collects whenever you interact with us, including when you use our websites, meet us at trade shows, and when you correspond with us (such as by email or over the phone).
The information we collect from you is:
- the name and contact details that you provide when you call, write to, or meet with us
- your payment and address details when you make purchases from us
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us
- information about your use of our websites and our services
Why we process Personal Data
‘Process’ means we obtain, store, update and archive data.
This includes data received via our website, through website enquiries or orders places with us, and this data is held for the purpose of being able to deliver a service or to respond to a request made through the site.
The lawful basis for processing this data is to fulfil our legal obligations, to carry out a requested service or necessary function or to allow us to respond to information requests.
How we use your personal information
The information you give us will be used to:
- If you make a purchase online, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, Opayo (previously Sagepay), who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
- It is also used to enable us to deliver your goods to your required destination. Some of our deliveries are made through a 3rd party. They are called Palletways and we use their portal to upload your delivery address details and contact numbers. They send you texts and emails to enable you to understand when your goods will be delivered.
- From time to time, we will contact you if you are an existing customer to give you notice of price changes and stock availability, to enable you to make informed decisions when it comes to buying our producet. Pentland Biomass do not give your details to third parties who are not a supplier working on our behalf. We may only pass your information to our third-party service providers for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. When we use third party service provides, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
- We regularly contact some of our customers to notify them of the services we are undertaking in their areas. This is done to enable them to use these services in conjunction with others in their areas which enables them to take advantage of lower travel costs. These services include woodchip deliveries and chipping services.
- From time to time we notify customers of upcoming events or specific issues that we think may be of interest to them in the biomass marketplace or industry. Customers have an opportunity to opt out of these communications each time we speak to them.
We operate some email services via the third-party service MailChimp which we use to get in touch about offers and events plus other relevant information.
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in any of our emails. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not add you to our mailing list simply because you have enquired about our services.
Storage of your information
The security of your personal information is important to us and we endeavour to keep your personal details safe at all times. We use SSL to encrypt any personal information transmitted to us via email or through this website and employ best practise methods to keep this information safe.
Whilst we strive to keep this information safe please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Links to external sites
Access to personal information
You may request to have access to the personal information we hold on you at any time and can do so by putting the request in writing to:
We may issue a small charge for this. You may ask for us to amend or delete this information at any time by contacting us at the same address or alternatively email us.
Disclosure of information to third parties
We never sell your information on to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we use it
- Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly. We will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner
- Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not
- Have your data erased in certain circumstances
- Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so
- Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances
What are Cookies?
We use the term cookie to describe cookies and similar technologies such as tags and pixels. Cookies are small data files that websites place on your computer, laptop or mobile device.
- To improve the performance of our websites by understanding which parts work well, and which don’t.
- To measure how effective our online advertising and marketing communications are.
- To enable us to collect information about how you and other people use our websites.
What Cookies do we use?
We use the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary Cookies – These are Cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They are necessary for the safety, security and integrity of the site. For example they help support the structure of the pages that are displayed to you, help to improve navigation and allow you to return to pages you have previously visited. This type of Cookie only lasts for the duration of the time you are visiting the website. When you leave the website they are deleted automatically.
Performance Cookies or analytical Cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The data is aggregated and anonymised, which means we cannot identify you as an individual.
Functionality Cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). These Cookies will remain on your device until you choose to clear it. If you choose to do this, you will need to enter your details each time you visit the site.
Blocking or restricting Cookies
You can stop Cookies being used on your device by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to block the deployment of all or some Cookies. Please visit www.allaboutookies.org to find out how. Please note, if you use your browser settings to block Cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If you have a question about this policy please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com By post: Data Protection Officer, Pentland Biomass, Loanhead, Midlothian, EH20 9QG.